What is BIC Sign Language?
Is it only for people with hearing difficulty?
Is it for people with special needs?
BIC Sign is for everyone! It is suitable for parents, family members, carers and professionals who need to use BIC sign at home and in their work as well as for language learners who want to become confident language users with the lease pressure at the initial of their language learning journey.
BIC Sign is a unique language programme that uses sign language and speech to enable people to communicate. It supports the development of essential communication skills such as attention and listening, comprehension, memory, recall and organisation of language and expression.
Being able to communicate is one of the most important skills we need in life. Almost everything we do involves communication; everyday tasks such as learning at school, asking for food and drink, sorting out problems, making friends and having fun. These all rely on our ability to communicate with each other.
With BIC Sign, signs are used, with speech, in spoken word order. This helps provide extra clues about what someone is saying. Using BIC Sign can also help people who have no speech or whose speech is unclear. With language learners, BIC Sign will support reading and writing skills by signing verb tenses to facilitate the learners without interrupting them while doing activities as well as promoting their confidence and encourage them to learn better.
Benefits of Using BIC SIGN
- Using BIC sign with a child can allow them to get their needs across effectively and help them to interact with the world around them.
- Supporting emotional development
- It enhances language development
- Signing may increase a child’s IQ and their reading/spelling skills
- Building attention and listening skills
- Strengthening relationships
- Promote fine and motor skills
- Bring people together and is enjoyable for everyone