The ISA Board has reviewed the services it provides to member schools. These will henceforth include:
- continuation of its successful Youth Leadership Seminars which bring together young people from around the world to explore issues of global significance.
- support for youth cooperation through the activities if the Geneva-based Earth Focus Foundation and its environmental magazine Earth Focus.
- free consultancy support for member schools using the ISA’s new publication “Internationalism in Schools – a Self-Study Guide”. This publication, developed in association with the University of Bath, offers a means of reflecting upon the nature of internationalism within schools.
- a biennial Conference to be held in significantly different regions of the world and on themes which relate both to the region itself and to a wider global interpretation of the theme.
- an annual Seminar on a key theme in international education and focusing on fundamental issues linking education and society. The Seminars will be held each January in Geneva in association with the International School of Geneva. The first of these, on “Schools as Cultural Crossroads” took place in January 2006 and the second in January 2007 on the topic of “Languages in Education”.
- enhanced, interactive access to the ISA website to promote member schools development of inter-school contacts and to encourage the sharing of both issues and examples of good practice.
- access to the ISA Oral Examinations in English.
Details of ISA Consultancy, and Membership together with an application form for non-members are available on the ISA website www.isaschools.org.